Our story in brief
1950s Pinnocks Way Council estate built.
1956 Local churches start services in the Social Club.
About 100 children attend the Sunday school.
1958 Fund-raising starts for a church building in Dean Court.
1961 Foundations dug and wooden panels erected
from a redundant utility building. Local residents give
voluntary help to finish it.
New church dedicated on Saturday 9 December by Bishop of
Reading (E.H. Knell). First service held on Sunday
10 December 1961.
1980s Wooden youth hut put up.
Games court built behind the church.
2005 Hut burned down.
2007 New St Andrew’s Centre (STAC) opened to replace
2012 Games court refurbished with community grants and
reopened for all to use.
2014 Cracked roof beams in church repaired.
Building declared ‘past its use-by date’.
2018 Planning permission granted for a new church.
2021 Modified plans submitted and planning permission